Thursday, August 30, 2012

Almost time...

I'm one week away from having kids in my classroom and I feel as though my To Do list just keeps growing as fast as I can cross things off of it! Although kids don't come until Thursday, Monday is the long weekend, Tuesday is a divisional PD session and Wednesday is an admin day at school which means I can't really count on having too much time to actually working in my classroom. I'm pretty sure a lot of the admin day will be spent in a staff meeting and just making sure things are in place. So tomorrow is crunch time for me.

I'm hoping that by the time I leave school tomorrow (hopefully at a decent time) that I will feel ready for the first day. Well, here's to hoping!

My brand new desks arrived today and I'm so happy with them. Mrs. B and I were able to get them into place so our room is actually looking like a classroom now which makes my anxiety level much lower.



I'm really looking forward to the first day of school and getting to know my new kidlets. I keep thinking of all the things that I want to do with them on the first day of school and I'm realizing that I'm going to have to prioritize a little bit. I'm not used to only teaching in the morning so those few hours are going to pass by really quickly and something I'll have to get used to pretty quickly as I will be rushing away on the first day of school to attend my first Reading Recovery meeting of the year.

One week to go and so much to do.... maybe I should get back to that.


1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I start student teaching on Tuesday to attend the PD and admin days and then I get to meet the students Thursday, Friday. After that, however, I am back to university until Thanksgiving. I'm excited you got new desks! Its awesome to have new classroom materials because often times it seems that things are very outdated (not in your classroom specifically, but in general). Are you using any WBT in your class this year? Best of luck with everything, I will be thinking of you this next week!

    Miss L (WBT Blog Bug)
    Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete