Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Finally Ready

So it's the night before the first day of school and I guess I'm as ready as I can be. There are still things on my to do list but I'm pretty sure that as a teacher (or maybe anyone!) there will always be things to do but I just have to find a place to say that I am as ready as I can be and the things on the list will get done, just maybe not for tomorrow.
I personally prefer to head to school rather early so I still will have some time to get a couple more things done before school starts.

When I left school today I finally felt that my classroom was ready. Here are some pics of what it looks like.

View from the door.

Word Wall

Job Chart, Itinerary and colour wall

Whole Brain Teaching Rules

View from the teacher chair on the carpet

Mailboxes and coat hangers

View from the carpet

CAFE wall

Teacher area

Classroom library

Sign for when I'm working with students

Hand signs for students to use while I'm working with other students.

Not only is tomorrow the first day with students, it's also my first Reading Recovery meeting of the year. I'm looking forward to the challenges of Reading Recovery, just not so much looking forward to having to rush out of school right at lunch time nor the drive to get there.

Well here's to hoping that I will actually sleep tonight. I have a feeling tomorrow might feel like a very long day!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Cheryl! I hope you have a great first day back! I love so many things about your room setup - lots of great ideas in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good Cheryl! Have a great day tomorrow :)

    Miss L
    Miss L’s Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete