Thursday, September 13, 2012

Trying to get back into the swing of things

Wow, this working full time is for suckers! I'm finding that I am lacking energy by the end of the day! I'm really hoping that by the end of next week I'll feel like I'm back into my routine and will have a little bit more energy.

My attempt to use WBT in my class is still going well. My kiddos are really good at remembering our rules and I'm using them to make sure they are doing things correctly and quickly. All I need to do is say Follow Directions Quickly and they immediately speed up. So, so far, so good on that front.

I'm also trying to use Words Their Way as a different attempt at word work/ spelling work. So far I've done the assessment to place kids. I was going to use the online version of the placement data record sheet but the website decided not to work tonight and of course I didn't bring home enough paper copies for everyone so I guess that will be my job tomorrow morning before school. Just one more thing to add to my list!

I'm also having to change my way of thinking and what I'm used to because I'm only in the classroom in the morning. The day just seems so short and I feel kind of rushed. I guess it's just something I'll have to get used to.

Well, I'm very excited that tomorrow is Friday... seems my list is so long and maybe I'll  be able to cross some things off of it this weekend.

Enjoy! Keep Smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment